Safe Environment Training
Dear Parent(s)/Guardian(s), Teachers and Staff:
The Diocese of Phoenix and St. John Vianney Catholic School is committed to providing a safe environment where we value and honor every individual as created in the image and likeness of God. The role of the SET is to cultivate a culture of prevention and safety within our school; to educate and inform about safety protocols and practices, and be a resource to our families on safe environment issues.
The Safe Environment Training year opened July 1, 2022. All volunteers, with minors or vulnerable adults are required to complete their renewal no later than September 30, 2022. On Article 4. of DPHX Policy and Procedures for the protection of minors requires the following. All staff members of SJV working with minors are required to renew no later than September 30, 2022.
- Foundation SET Class/Renewal
- Submit Volunteer Application, Code of Ethics, proof of Fingerprint cards (coaches, club leaders, other ministries)
- Face to Face Interview
- Fingerprint Card (level 1)
- Background Checks (fee $19.00)
- Reference Checks
- Renewing Our Commitment Video Click the links to access the following documents:
- SET Handbook ENGLISH(please read to avoid misunderstandings)
- SET Handbook SPANISH
- How to
New Families, I encourage you to go to https://phoenix.cmgconnect.org/. Select Safe Environment; Initial Application & Foundation Training.
For existing families, I encourage you to go to https://phoenix.cmgconnect.org/. Select the Renewal icon, click or hit Enter on the sign up tab.
Renewal Videos 15 minutes. You can use a cell phone to view the video. Use a laptop or a desktop. Google Chrome works well.